Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing 7 Communication Tools

The patrons of my media center don't currently use email, well not officially. I use it mainly to communicate with other media people in my district and teachers in my school. It makes sharing information and resources much easier. If someone needs copies of a book, we just send a request via email.
Not really into text messaging or im.
I watched a MINITEX webinar about the ELM databases. One thing I liked about the format is it allowed me to skip around and only watch the sections that were relevant to the elementary level. I liked the menu along the side so I could easily see the content. I could also rewatch parts. I liked that these was a visual to go along with the audio. I have a hard time listening to radio and podcasts. My mind tends to wander and watching the slided helped me to stay focused. In the OPAL podcast he presented the live aspect as exciting about webinars. To me, I don't care if it is live, I'm more about having the info available when I am ready for it.

No comments: